Monday, October 4, 2010

Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE, Red



I've owned this grill for almost three years now. I preheat and cook with the TOP DOWN all the time. We're talking about 20+ hours so far of TOP DOWN cooking and nothing has ever melted/burnt. I use it camping sometimes cooking for 20+ people. How anyone could be complaining about not being able to cook with the top down is very strange, and I must say that I'm tending to agree with another commenter that it might just be a malicious comment trying to discredit this grill. Oy... the world we live in.

With attachements you can do pancakes on one side and burgers on the other at the same time. Or you can boil water on one side and grill on the other... it's pretty versatile.

I know people who use this as their primary home grill who have never had a problem. As for flaws, I guess the only flaw is that it's kind of a pain to clean up after grilling, as you can soak the grill-plate attachments, but you must clean all the interior surfaces by hand. Not fun, but a small price to pay for the conveinence this grill offers.

My opinion? Worth every minute of clean up to have a grill like this that I"m able to use 100% of the grill surface. Sure there are some "hot spots" and "cool spots" as with any grill, and you need to learn where they are how to cook with it. That lesson is learned after the first time you use it!

Overall this grill does an excellent job, and if/when I kill it, I'll be looking for another just like it.


Coleman 9949-750 Road Trip Grill LXE, Red

No comments:

Post a Comment