Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grill Tri Tip on Your BBQ Like an Expert

If you're not grilling tri tips, you are missing out. Years ago I went to a friend's house and he was grilling a tri tip he got from Costco. Up until that point, I'd never in my life cooked this cut of meat. Wow. It was tasty. Since then I've devoted my life to perfecting cooking them on the grill. It's my favorite thing to cook and I do them up on my BBQ year round.

OK, let's start out with cut selection. I've purchase tri tips from Costco, Sam's Club and a variety of local grocery stores. Basically, I look for a cut that has a little fat through it, but not too much. I don't obsess about the "fat side" of the meat as I can trim this myself.

Since this article is about the actual grilling, I'll assume you've got your own rub / marinade going.

For starters, fire up your grill to about 400 degrees F. Once you have the temperature going, place your meat on the grill fat side down and not over direct heat if possible. For instance, let's say you have a 4 burner grill going. Turn on the outside burners, turn off the middle burners and place your meat in the middle.

Depending on how you like your meat, you'll be grilling for about 50 minutes to an hour. Flip the meat every 6-8 minutes. Each time you flip it, baste it with your marinade of choice. Sometimes I'll do 8 minutes as the first cycle (so 16 minutes total) and then I'll shorten it up to 5-6 minute flips.

Remember to keep an eye on your meat at all times. And here's the big expert tip. Take it off the grill before it looks like you want it. Put it on the counter for about 5 minutes-as it keeps cooking. Ideally, wrap it in foil. If you take it off the grill when it's exactly the "look" you want, then you've overcooked it.




OK guys and gals, if you happen to be in the market for a new grill, I found a site from a grill master about the best stainless steel gas grills [http://www.stainlesssteelgasgrill.org]. There's even info there on portable grills for tailgating.

If you're doing some indoors cooking, like Chili, check out this site about crock pots. Here's some info on some good rival slow cookers. SlowCookerCooking.com is a pretty good site for finding info and the best deals.

Hope your tri-tip turns out great. Happy grilling.

Tags : find more about Calphalon Kitchen Air Rifle Scopes blog can help you to find more air rifle and air rifle scopes find more best about Gps tracking info find more save about Air Mattress,aerobed, air mattress queen, air mattress twin.

No comments:

Post a Comment